:: Header image by me :: "it's up to you to find beauty in the ugliest days" :: "Save some time to dream, cos your dream might save us all.” ::

Friday, May 14, 2010

Little House

I made scones just now... pretty awesome scones if I can say... because I made them up. I'm sure they've been done before... but I just decided I wanted to make Honey & Blueberry Scones - two of my favourite sweet things. 

Recipe (basically out of Edmonds Cookbook):
3 cups flour
6 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
roughly 1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
75g butter
1-1/2 cups milk


Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add sugar. Rub in butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add blueberries. Add milk and honey and mix quickly with a knife. Knead a few times, lightly dust an oven tray with flour. Roll scone dough into a rough log shape and cut into roughly 12 pieces. Space evenly on tray and bake at 220ÂșC for 10 min or until golden brown. 

Serve fresh with melted butter and a cup of tea and Bob's your Uncle!

They turned out wonderfully - the sweetness of the honey isn't too overpowering and it compliments the tartness of the blueberries perfectly. Plus you're getting your antioxidants! 

I love blueberries - I have them with my porridge in the morning. I buy them at the fruit market for like, half the price of what they are in the supermarket ($6 vs $2.50 a punnet? Yeah). And when they're really cheap I buy two and freeze one for once they go out of season. That will be a sad day.

 I feel like such a nanna these days! I can't remember the last weekend I went out. I'm hanging out for this Wednesday when I'll go to Jazz at Havana. It's just such a nice night out, to have a glass of wine and a chat with good live music. And it seems to be the place to hang out for spotting cute guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment